Botox, Vistabel, Azzalure (Botulinum toxin type A)Treatment of expression lines
Botox, as Botulinum Toxin Type A is commonly known, is a pharmacological compound based on the action of the neurotoxin derived from the Clostridium Botulinum bacterium or purified botulinum toxin type A. This molecule acts by blocking the neurotransmitter that carries the nerve impulse to the muscle, inhibiting excessive contraction of the facial muscles, responsible for the secondary facial mimicry wrinkles, without causing radical changes or lesions in the nervous structures.
The application of botox is an art in itself in the hands of the medical expert, who should be thoroughly familiarised with the facial muscle structure as well as anatomic variations that patients may present. Instituto Medico Laser applies the medication approved for expression lines, which is the botulinum toxin marketed as Vistabel® or Azzalure®, for which, it is necessary to have medicinal product storage safeguarded by the Pharmacy Council and directly by a licensed pharmacy.
The application of botox is an art in itself in the hands of the medical expert
The procedure is very simple, because it consists of infiltrations with a very thin needle in some predetermined points of the facial region. As the muscles are gently paralysed, the wrinkles are erased and lasts approximately 6-8 months. After this time, if the patient so desires, the medication can be reapplied.
Traditionally, treatment with botox or botulinum toxin has been applied in the upper third of the face to correct expression lines that occur in areas such as between the brows, crow's feet or horizontal wrinkling of the forehead. With the passage of time, the application of the botox has evolved to improve and beautify the gaze in an overall manner, treating other complementary facial muscles such as those that raise or arch the eyebrows.
The perfection of the technique now allows for strategic retouching on other areas of the face, applying the botox in an isolated way, using the Vistabel® and Azzalure® brands, in combination with other products such as fillers, facial mesotherapy, biostimulation or radio frequency, among others, aimed at correcting a variety of cosmetic problems, such as:
- Square face: To soften the effect of a square face caused by the chewing muscles (masseters) when they are highly developed, Vistabel® or Azzalure® can be used, which relax the lower third of the face and improve projection of the cheekbones in contrast.
- Wrinkles between the eyebrows: To correct these transverse lines, Vistabel® or Azzalure® is infiltrated, relaxing the nose muscle and partially reducing the tension of the glabella muscles.
- Projection of the tip of the nose: There is an anatomical structure in the columella known as the depressor septi nasi. When it is hyperkinetic or more developed than usual, the tip of the nose is lowered when speaking and expressing oneself. When it is hypertonic, it presents a permanent contraction. Treatment with botox will weaken this small muscular structure, improving the projection of the nasal vertex toward a more balanced and straight position.
- Bitterness lines: This is the name given to the depressions that mark the lower third of the face from the corners of the mouth toward the chin. Correction of the depressor muscles on the angle of the mouth and the lower lip is be carried out with botox and a small amount of filler can be used to infiltrate each line.
- Philtrum: This furrow frames the peribuccal area from the nostril wings to the corners of the lips. The muscles responsible for this indentation are the nasogenian and lip elevator muscles. For an optimum and lasting correction, a filler should be used to lift the furrow and infiltrate botox, which relaxes the tension of these two muscles.
- Prominent chin: A chin that is overly projected upwards can be corrected by relaxing the muscle with Vistabel® or Azzalure®, which will improve the profile and possible wrinkles.
Vistabel is a molecule that inhibits the excessive contraction of facial muscles, responsible for the secondary wrinkles of facial mimicry.
The treatment is very simple, consisting of injections with a fine needle in predetermined points of the facial region. This is especially indicated for wrinkles on the forehead and between the eyebrows.
Vistabel produces paresis (slight paralysis) of the muscles for facial mimicry, responsible for expression wrinkles between the eyebrows, the forehead, chicken feet, peribucal wrinkles and the dorsal area of the nose.
The slight paralysis of the muscles erases wrinkles and lasts approximately 6-8 months. After this time, if the patient desires, they can reapply the medication.
The Instituto Médico Láser uses approved medication for expression wrinkles made from the botulinum toxin sold as Vistabel, made available by a medical warehouse under the guidance of the Pharmacy Council and directed by an Authorized Pharmacy.
Would you like more information about Botox? Contact Instituto Medico Laser now.