Remodelling of scars and acne with non-ablative fractional laser 1540
Speaker: Dr Maria Jose Isarria Marcos. IML Dermatologist.
Acne is a pathology that affects 80% of the female population (14 to 17 years of age) and in 90% of the male population (16 to 19 years). It is a multifactorial pilosebaceous unit disorder:
- Increase in sebaceous secretion.
- Hormonal stimulation (androgenetic).
- Hyper-proliferation P. acnes.
- Follicular hyper-keratinisation.
- Inflammatory response, activation of cytokines.
Early diagnosis and treatment are important to prevent scarring caused by acne. There are several treatment options:
- Intralesional corticoids, topical.
- Silicone patches.
- Other topical or injectable substances.
- Elliptic excision.
- Punch elevation.
- Cryosurgery - Electrocoagulation - Radiotherapy.
- Chemical peels - Microdermoabrasions - Dermoabrasions.
- Laser, light, other energies.
- Ablative: CO2, Er:YAG, Fractional.
- Non ablative: 532 nm (KTP), 585 nm (PDL), 1064/1320 nm (Nd:YAG), 1450 nm (Diode), 1540 (Er:glass), fractional.
- IPL, Radiofrequency, Plasma.