Magical body threadsPDO (polydioxanone) threads
Magical threads or polydioxanone (PDO) tensing threads stimulate the production of collagen to treat body flaccidity from the inside, as well as rejuvenating thigh, arm and buttock skin without surgery or general anaesthetic.
PDO (Polydioxanone) magical threads
Polydioxanone (PDO) magical threads are fine tensing threads that are implanted into the dermis to achieve a lifting effect without surgery or local anaesthetic.
Polydioxanone is a resorbable and completely compatible material, widely used in cardiac surgery, for its cell cohesion capacity. It is obtained from p-dioxanone.
Once implanted, these tensing threads produce a double lift effect:
- On the one hand, each thread generates tensing fibrosis in the surrounding tissue. This process regenerates adjoining tissue.
- On the other hand, collagen and elastin genesis is induced, proteins that keep the tissue together and are therefore responsible for firm and smooth skin.
Benefits of polydioxanone magical threads
- Its effects last for 1 to 2 years.
- It is a quick procedure, which takes just 30 to 60 minutes.
- The threads are invisible to the eye and imperceptible to the touch.
- They only require the application of an anaesthetic cream.
- They don't cause allergies or rejection.
- The patient can return to his or her normal daily routine immediately.
- Magical threads can be applied on facial and body regions.
- They are compatible with other treatments such are PRP, mesotherapy or radiofrequency.
Once the threads are implanted and checked, we optimise their effect by applying a 3-session multipolar radiofrequency protocol to increase collagen and elastin stimulation, since fibroblasts are particularly sensitive to complementary treatments when in contact with the polydioxanone threads.
What are the indications of magical body threads?
Polydioxanone magical threads are indicated for reaffirming mild or moderate skin sagging on:
- Internal arm area.
- Internal thigh area.
It is an ideal treatment for patients who want to reaffirm their skin and eliminate flaccidity without surgery.
Magical threads reaffirm the skin and eliminate flaccidity without surgery
Magical body threads technique, step by step
The treatment takes approximately 30 to 60 minutes, in just one session and requires no hospitalisation or general anaesthetic.
The physician marks a series of vectors on the skin to identify the areas to be tensed.
The polydioxanone magical threads are implanted in the dermis with fine needles, similar to those used for Botulinum Toxin infiltration. The threads are placed forming a mesh of vectors that cover the tissue most affected by flaccidity.
At IML, we recommend a check-up a fortnight after the procedure to verify the correction and assess whether the patient needs more threads to tense the skin on the treated area.
Magical body threads: Results
Fibroblast stimulation and the resulting collagen and elastin production produces the following benefits:
- Instant lift effect in the treated area due to the tension produced by the threads and the oedema they cause.
- Long-term lift effect, where the new collagen and elastin fibres induced by the threads start to act from the moment of implantation, achieving maximum correction 2 or 3 months after the procedure.
- Skin rejuvenation, through greater vitality, radiance and elasticity.
- Improves flaccidity in the treated area.
- Improves skin tone.
The first appraisal of results is conducted a fortnight after the treatment and can be adjusted at any time.
The organism reabsorbs the threads in 6 or 8 months due to the action of enzymes or hydrolysis. In this period, stimulation of the fibroblasts continues, these are the cells that produce collagen and elastin, so the tensing effect is drawn out over time.
Depending on the condition of the patient's skin, the magical threads can last for 1 to 2 years.
How many magical threads do I need?
The number of magical threads required depends on the condition of the patient's skin and the extension of the treated area.
For example, treatment of the internal thigh or arm are may require 100 or 120 magical threads.
Threads come in a variety of lengths and widths. They can measure from 9 to 15 centimetres. This allows treatment to be customised and adapted to the needs of the body's mesh.
Magical threads treat flaccidity in the internal arm area
Recommendations prior to magical thread treatment
IML recommends following a series of steps before the magical thread procedure, aimed at optimising results and preventing possible adverse effects.
- Take vitamin C in the days leading to the procedure, as it stimulates collagen synthesis.
- Take Traumeel several days before treatment to prevent haematomas.
- Apply a vitamin K cream or gel the day before treatment.
- Avoid anticoagulants, such as acetylsalicylic acid.
- Avoid stimulants such as coffee, cola-based soft drinks or tobacco in the days before treatment.
Once the treatment has been carried out, we recommend patients to follow a series of indications at home:
- Apply localised cold for the first few hours after treatment.
- Wash the area very carefully 5 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid intense massages in the treated area for one month.
- If bruising occurs, apply Traumeel to the area for the first few days.
Possible adverse effects of the magical threads
Over the first few days, the magical threads could cause discomfort and hypodermic haematomas, which will soon subside on their own. Local inflammation or infection may rarely appear.
Magical thread contraindications
Treatment with magical threads is contraindicated in pregnancy, infection in the treatment area, autoimmune diseases, severe diabetes, dacryohemorrhea and acute vascular disease.
For further information about magical body or facial threads, contact Instituto Medico Laser now.