The materials utilized as fillers are biocompatible and are used to correct wrinkles, lines or to give more volume to certain areas of the face like the lips, giving a natural look with a simple application.
Fillers have variable duration times. Within the synthetic materials there are different durations of reabsorption. There are materials like Hyaluronic Acid that lasts 6-12 months, or materials like Sculptra or Radiesse that last 2 years or Aquamid that is a permanent filler.
All fillers are infiltrated with local anaesthetic. It is a minimally invasive technique that permits the patient to return to a normal social and work life the next day.
Facial fillers corrects wrinkles, lines and gives more volume
To rejuvenate is to have the look of youth
The passing of time produces the reabsorption of the tissues that fill facial areas like the cheekbones, the cheeks and the chin area, and give an “emaciated” look making the patient look like their face is “falling”. With the disappearance of this natural tissue filling of the face, the first surplus of skin appear; the skin loses the natural support of its deep anatomic structure that “pads” its look, in addition to appearing as an excess of skin, it is also lax and lacks smoothness.
The sub-orbital face line -that starts at the internal angle of the eye and runs through the cheek, dividing it in half- is more defined. This line is caused by the reabsorption of the soft tissue at the level of the cheekbones and the displacement of the SOOF (Suborbicular Oculi Fat). This nasogenic line occurs due to the disappearance of natural filling tissue in the cheekbones, as well as the cheeks. Finally, the marionette lines (marionette’s line face) that start from the corners of the mouth and fall vertically to the edge of the lower chin can give a sad look to the peribucal region.
These defects of the central region of the face are not resolved with conventional rejuvenation techniques, like blepharoplasty or a lifting, because these techniques basically “stretch” the skin by removing the excess parts. Today this is corrected with fillers or facial filling materials.
The implant is inserted first into the prominent parts that have lost elevation (the cheekbones, chin area, and the oval of the face) and after evaluating the correction obtained in this manner by reprojecting the prominences of the face, the residual depressions are filled in the three types of lines that we have described: the cheek line, the nasogenic line and the marionette lines.
In another session or when depressions or lack of elevation is being corrected, fillers may be used to enhance lip volume or to treat just the borders of the lips to give them more projections with a natural look.
That is, filler materials not only serve to rejuvenate, but young individuals can use make themselves look better by augmenting their lips, enlarging of their cheekbones for “flat” faces, or raising the chin in faces with a “bird profile”.
The interest in new techniques is enormous because until now rejuvenation in the centre of the face was technically risky and ended with few satisfactory results due to the lack of a natural look. Technically it was impossible to respect fixed anatomical distances that give a face the natural look that every patient expects to get when they begin a facial rejuvenation treatment.
Fillers may be used to enhance lip volume
It is the philosophy of the Instituto Médico Láser to maintain the following considerations in respect to facial rejuvenation:
- To rejuvenate is not to stretch but to reposition.
- It is obligatory to distinguish between the look of the skin and excess skin.
- The basic facial distances should be the same as when the patient was 20 years old.
With the following conclusions:
- To do a rejuvenation procedure you must respect the harmony between “light and shadow” with respect to fixed points and the special physiognomy of the face.
- There is not only one valid treatment to reach an ambitious and multi-factored objective.
- The concept of rejuvenation requires mastery of medical techniques, which in complete harmony will enable us to achieve our desired objectives.
"Rejuvenation is to be myself with the look of youth"
Non-surgical treatment of periocular bags or saggy eyes
With the passage of time, the skin and tissues around the eyes loose their smoothness and elasticity. This makes the fat that accumulates under the eyeball to fall frontward, with the appearance of the popular “periocular bags”.
Quite frequently, this increased volume under the eye prevents good lymphatic drainage of the area, which causes a localised retention of liquid making matters even worse.
If these two factors are added to the fact that as the individual ages the skin around the eye area changes its tone, becoming darker and with no luminosity, we can easily understand the “eye shadow” effect that we dislike so much.
At present this unaesthetism can be greatly attenuated by employing the Periocular Modelling Technique with polylactic acid.
In this technique the product is infiltrated between the bone and the muscles underneath the eyeball. The needle used is extremely thin and the procedure is totally painless.
This procedures permits to elevate the s kin from the transition area between the fat padding and the remnant tissue, thereby achieving several objectives:
- Visibly smoothes out the volume defect between the nose and the bags to avoid the optical effect that increases the size of the bags.
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage of the area.
- Avoids the shadows that normal light projects onto the lower area of the eye when prominent bags exist, which tend to darken the colour of the area.
This procedure is only contraindicated in patients with a past history of ocular herpes or those prone to keloid formation. The effects last for one and a half to two years. Two or three separate sessions are required and the cost ranges from 400 to 1200 euros, depending on the severity of each case.
Teosyal is a range of state-of-the-art filling gels, with a non-animal origin hyaluronic acid base, aimed at restoring facial volume, correcting wrinkles and moisturising the skin.
Thanks to its innovative physical-chemical properties, the Teosyal fillers attain effective long-lasting filling properties that act efficiently against lax skin and the loss of facial fat. Its main features are:
- High resistance: its resistance is increased against biodegrading through a reticulation process, with longer lasting effects on the dermis.
- High moisturising capacity: its viscoelastic properties allow it to absorb up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
- Highly concentrated in hyaluronic acid: one of the highest on the market, with a low protein content, which greatly reduces the risk of hypersensitive reaction.
- Hypoallergenic, biocompatible, reabsorbable and biodegradable.
The procedure is fast, safe and practically painless. It consists of an infiltration of gel in the skin, in small quantities, using an ultra fine needle. There may be light swelling in the treated area after application, which will disappear after a few hours. Results last for approximately 12 months and the effects slowly subside, which allows for time adjustments.
The TEOSYAL treatment correct the signs of ageing at any age, since there is a specific product for the treatment of each wrinkle type or volume replenishing:
- Teosyal Meso: Indicated for the treatment of fine and dehydrated skin and to prevent skin ageing on the face, neck and neckline.
- Teosyal First Lines: Ideal for the treatment of expression lines and superficial wrinkles like crow’s feet and peri oral wrinkles.
- Teosyal Global Action: Recommend for facial wrinkle filling when they are not too deep, such as between the brows, peri oral as well as lightly or mildly marked naso labial folds.
- Teosyal Deep Lines: Indicated for deeper facial wrinkles, such as naso labial folds or marionette lines.
- Teosyal Ultra Deep: Specially designed for facial volume restructuring.
- Teosyal Kiss: Recommended for lip profiling, increasing lip volume, reinforcing the corners and moisturising lips.
The expert physicians at IML will perform a personalised evaluation to establish the level of correction required, as well as the optimum type of filler for each specific case.
Treatments at IML are personalised according to each patient's characteristics. You can request an informative consultation with one of our medical experts.